4.30.2015

chocolate crunch slice

As some of you might recall, my siblings and I had to clear out Dear Dad's stuff. The first time was a MAJOR undertaking, last year was just a tidying up, and this past month, it was another downsizing. That meant looking into his freezer, and low and behold, see what I found! Lots of chocolate! 11 bars, to be exact. We won't begin to question what Dear Dad was stockpiling for, but I immediately began wondering what I could do with them.


Looking into Donna Hay's Simple Essentials Chocolate, I found a super easy way to use up a pound of chocolate bars.
All you need is shortbread, cream, butter, and cocoa powder (the latter isn't even a necessity). The assembly is quick; the set time takes a few hours. The result is delicious and you don't have to use the oven! Crunchy cookies are enrobed in dark chocolate— what more can you ask for?


Chocolate Crunch Slice
from Simple Essentials Chocolate by Donna Hay

⅓ cup (2.5 fl. ounce) cream
1 pound dark chocolate, chopped
8 tablespoons butter, chopped
8 ounces store-bought shortbread biscuits, chopped
cocoa powder, for dusting

Line a loaf pan with non-stick baking paper (or line with foil and butter the foil.)

Place the cream, chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and combined. Place biscuits in a mixing bowl and pour over ¾ of the chocolate mixture, and stir to coat. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan. Pour remaining chocolate mixture over and tap tin to remove air bubbles. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. To serve, remove from tin and foil, dust with cocoa powder, and cut into slices. Makes 16.

1 comment:

  1. Yumm! I bet I could scrounge up a few (dozen) chocolate bars myself if I tried! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...