12.12.2011

butterscotch snowball cookies


White and powdery. Fun and tasty. Round mounds of snowy perfection. Doesn't this cookie epitomize the season we're in? I make these every winter and rarely at any other time- don't ask me why. Probably too busy making other cookies. But the recipe comes out every December, no fail.


Snowballs, aka Mexican Wedding Cookies/Russian Tea Cakes, are typically made with some kind of chopped or ground nut; in this iteration, I've included butterscotch morsels with the chopped pecans. Make sure the dough is chilled, otherwise the balls become disks- still tasty, but flat.


Butterscotch Snowball Cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature
½ cup confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup butterscotch morsels, roughly chopped

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

With a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the butter and confectioner's sugar until well blended.  Mix in the vanilla.  Add the flour and and mix on medium-low speed until fully incorporated. Add the pecans and butterscotch morsels until blended. Chill dough in the refrigerator until firm, at least an hour.

Shape into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 15-18 minutes until bottoms are slightly brown.  Remove from cookie sheet and let cool slightly on a wire rack.

Roll the still-warm cookie in powdered sugar; cool fully on wire rack.  Roll in sugar again.


This post is linked to the following: sweet bella roos, show and share, holiday haven, tatertots and jello, frugalicious fridaysfrugal girls, show and telltasty tuesdaystip me tuesdayhome stories a to zcrazy sweet tuesdaywow me wednesday, sugar and dots, somewhat simplesomething swanky, momnivores dilemmaSundae Scoopmade by you mondays, this chick cooks, friday flair, inspiration friday c.r.a.f.t., show me what you got,

21 comments:

  1. Snowballs were always one of the half dozen cookies we would make every Christmas. I like the addition of butterscotch! What a nice little surprise of flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother has made these for as long as I can remember, except we call them Sands (who knows why?) and they dont have the butterscotch... but I think I definitely need to add it in this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look absolutely delicious, what a great recipe! I'm LOVING your blog, so glad I came across it today! New follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would love these at our house. They look delicious. Come visit. We have a great Kahlua hot cocoa this week and today we are giving away a wonderful Christmas present. A great book and it comes autographed! Come by and register to win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the butterscotch! That's totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is fabulous! I hope you don't mind if I add yours to my blogroll... worldtravelmom.blogspot
    Thx! and please continue with the lovely recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm following you--love your recipes. This cookie will be my favorite with Earl Gray tea! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually have butterscotch morsels, but for some reason I never think to use them. This gives me the perfect excuse! Of course, I'm famous for inhaling and choking myself on anything doused in powdered sugar, but that never stopped me from using it. ;) [#PinItThurs]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Chris! What do you use your butterscotch morsels for? This is the only thing I do with them- would love to know of another recipe.

      Delete
  9. Ücretsiz Görüntülü Chat Sex Chat kameralı Chat Random video chat Uygulaması.https://www.gevezeyeri.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...