10.29.2012

hello, hurricane sandy!

Hurricane Sandy is barreling into New Jersey and the rest of the Mid-Atlantic seaboard with wind gusts of up to 70mph. After last year's snowpocalypse, I'm expecting the worst this time around and think that we'll lose power for a few days.

Yesterday, I was keeping calm and eating potato chips; today, I'm switching from savory to sweet and trying out cupcakes, cookies, and pop tarts. School is canceled for two days for The Kids and The Hubs' two offices are closed. While we still have power, I'm finishing this post, cooking a hot breakfast, then playing games with the kids while keeping one eye glued to The Weather Channel. I confess, I'm a little storm-obsessed.

For those of you out there also affected, best wishes for a safe weathering of the storm. Hope Hurricane Sandy moves in and out of this area quickly- a speedy hello and even faster goodbye.





2 comments:

  1. Stay safe! We are waiting for it to hit our area of Maryland today. I just made a ton of cookies to help us weather the storm. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you and praying for safe keeping! It looks like a doozy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...