2.15.2012

raspberry marble cheesecake {msc}


There are no excuses. Carnation sales (5th grade fundraiser) and Gershwin Preludes (two-piano performance) notwithstanding, one would have thought that one who professes to love baking would have found some time to do a little baking for February 14.

Okay, so I profess to love sleep (and truth be told, watching Jeremy Lin highlights on ESPN) more than baking. The kids sadly didn't get anything in the baked good department yesterday.

These cheesecake cupcakes were made last week, before the insanity of the past few days.
I'm part of the Martha Stewart Cupcakes Club, which is baking through her Cupcakes book.



I'm so glad I tried out the recipe. It's a great one— everyone loved them. The cheesecake is not too dense. The crust was a bit crumbly; I think I'll try a little more butter in it next time. You can find the recipe here, on Martha's website.

8 comments:

  1. I agree! Sometimes the holidays are the hardest time to get any special baking in! If it makes you feel any better, I had my college Girl Friday come over for four hours on Monday to get through all the projects on my list! And, yes, sleep rocks! I think I'll go take a nap now........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours look awesome. I'm glad you had a chance to make them, even with everything going on and Jeremy Lin (go knicks!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, rebecca {like your name ;)} and yes- go knicks!

      Delete
  3. Yours look amazing!! I think I'll have to make them again as I modified the recipe quite a bit and my cheesecake was quite soft. PS love sleep too but never seem to get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos, especially the bowl of those lovely fresh raspberries - yum! I love your co-ordinated cases too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crazy Gem! Fresh raspberries were such an indulgence- I made half the recipe so that I could eat half the pint. :)

      Delete
  5. This looks so amazing! Your recipes always look so delicious. Come visit us. We have some wonderful things to share this week. Risotto with Greens!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...