1.14.2012

triple chocolate cream cheese brownie

The whole tray disappeared before I could grab one. That's how good these are. Or maybe, The Piano Students were ravenous and these were the first treats upon entering the reception. Regardless, it's a great brownie, with lethal combination of chopped bittersweet chocolate, cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips, topped with a creamy layer of cheesecake.


The hungry hordes and I thank David Lebovitz for this great recipe.



Cheesecake Brownie
from Ready for Dessert by David Lebovitz


6 tablespoons (85g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4 ounces (115g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
⅔ cup (130g) sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
½ cup (70g) flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (80g) chocolate chips

8 ounces (200g) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 large egg yolk
5 tablespoons (75g) sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract

Line a 9-inch or 8-inch square pan with foil, as shown here. Mist with non-stick spray or grease lightly.

Preheat oven to 350ºF (180C).

In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and beat in the ⅔ cup sugar, then the eggs.

Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, then the vanilla and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.

In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, yolk, 5 tablespoons sugar and vanilla until smooth.

Distribute the cream cheese mixture in eight dollops across the top of the brownie mixture, then take a dull knife or spatula and swirl the cream cheese mixture with the chocolate batter.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the batter in the center of the pan feels just set.

Let cool, then lift out the foil and peel it away. Cut into squares. Store in airtight container for a couple of days. They also freeze well.



This post is linked to the following:  show and share, holiday haven, tatertots and jello, i'm lovin' it, frugal girls, show and tell, tasty tuesdays, tip me tuesday, home stories a to z, crazy sweet tuesday, wow me wednesday, sugar and dots, somewhat simple, something swanky, momnivores dilemma, Sundae Scoop, made by you mondays, this chick cooks, friday flair,  c.r.a.f.t., show me what you got, saturday 7 party, it's party time

12 comments:

  1. How can you go wrong with my two favorites - Chocolate and cream cheese! Lucky, Lucky, piano students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I definitely have to pin this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the pin, julia. hope you get to try them out sometime.

      Delete
  3. Oh heaven! Those look so so so sinful. I would eat the entire pan in one night. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe. Your pictures are just terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look amazing. I love cheesecake anything. Check out my Kahlua Brownies if you're looking for something with a little "zing" http://www.myjudythefoodie.com/2012/01/kahlua-brownies/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the book so how come, I have not made these. They are screaming out to me to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My- these look like they would taste INCREDIBLE! I may have to try...

    http://next2mee.blogspot.com/

    Tora x

    p.S, I LOVE your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I posted a link to this recipe on my blog...thru my pinterest board.
    Thanks!
    Jennifer @ The Craft Barn
    {Be sure to check out the Giveaway on my blog, too!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these some months ago and they came out perfect, so perfect now my friend wants me to make them for her birthday tomorrow ...she better be glad she's worth it :) thnx for the post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to get a note on this recipe- I'm glad you enjoy it and I hope your friend does too! You're a super friend to make them for her.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...