11.28.2011

turkey, roasted red pepper, pepper jack panini

Have you enjoyed a gut-busting weekend of non-stop eating? I'm trying not to regret that piece of pecan pie I just ate for dinner, but it was calling my name. As was the vanilla ice cream. In my house, the sweet leftovers are always the first to disappear.

Tomorrow, I might tackle the turkey, and while a turkey/stuffing/cranberry sauce sandwich will be The Hubs' lunch of choice, I'll veer away from from the previous day's flavors and add a little heat and cheese.

The Daughter threw together the combo last month and I loved it. The pepper jack lends just enough chili heat, the roasted red peppers add a slight sweetness and char, and turkey, well, turkey is what's available, right?

Turkey, roasted red pepper, pepper jack panini

turkey, sliced thinly
roasted red pepper slices
pepper jack cheese
good-quality artisan bread (ShopRite sells La Brea breads, your local Whole Foods would have something good)
olive oil
panini press

Using a pastry brush, oil the outside of each slice of bread. Layer the meat, cheese and red pepper in between the bread. Place in panini press and press for about a minute or two, or until golden brown.


4 comments:

  1. OK, I'm totally ready for lunch right now! I think I need a Panini Press!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you have been featured or at least the recipe has. Visit and see what I did.
    http://bizzybakesb.blogspot.com/2011/11/bizzy-explorer-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is the perfect way to use leftover. Looks delicious. Come visit us. We have pumpkin fried rice today. Be sure to visit us on Friday and register for a party dress we are giving away from the Shabby Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks heavenly. I thought I was sick of turkey but I could go for the panini.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...