11.10.2011

all-in-one holiday bundt cake {bwd}



What are your favorite flavors of autumn? Is it pumpkin? Cinnamon? Apple? Cranberries? Pecans? How about all of the above, wrapped up into one delectable bundt cake?

That is exactly what the bakers at Baking With Dorie Greenspan baked this past week.  I was very excited to tackle the recipe —then the storm came and potatoes and cookies upended my baking schedule, but here the cake is, a little late, but in all its seasonal glory.

It's wonderful for breakfast or with a mid-afternoon snack. The cake is moist and lightly spiced, the cranberries are tart, the pecans add a nice crunch to it. I didn't have the time, but I would suggest toasting the pecans before adding them to the batter.

I often have problems with removing the bundt cake from its pan, but after many miserable, disastrous attempts, I've learned my lesson: butter every nook and cranny thoroughly!

Thanks to Chaya for choosing such a tasty cake. You can get the recipe from her site Bizzy B. Bakes.

This post is linked to the following: holiday haven, Sundae Scoop, made by you monday, tatertots and jello, frugalicious fridays, frugal girls, tasty tuesdays, tip me tuesday, home stories a to z, crazy sweet tuesday, wow me wednesday, something swanky, show and share, momnivores dilemma, this chick cooks, kurtz corner,

5 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty and I think it would be perfect for a Thanksgiving buffet! Congratulations on getting the cake out in one piece. I was almost ready to send you a new pan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color for comments barely shows. I think you need a little darker color. I almost gave up and didn't leave a comment but I had to tell you what a beauty you ended up with. All the colors are wonderful and I know it is a delicious cake. Thanks for baking with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cake, gorgeous colors. I am sad to have missed this bake. Thanks so much for baking along !
    p.s.I've left a comment for you all under the related post on the BWD blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful cake! Yummy. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful, great holiday treat. Thanks for sharing this in the Thanksgiving party. I will be sharing it in pinterest and twitter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...