10.03.2011

"k" cream puff

The Baking With Dorie baking assignment was Peppermint Cream Puff Ring. I wasn't quite in the peppermint cream mood (come back in December and I'll be singing a different tune,) so I went with plain whipped cream. I piped the dough into a "k" rather than a round for a celebratory cream puff birthday dessert for The Daughter.

Ideally, I would have made some chocolate to top it off, but I ran out of time and drizzled some Fat Toad Caramel Sauce.

Their caramel sauce is made from goat's milk and is extremely creamy, silky, and delicious! Everyone liked this choice of topping, I think, even better than the would-be chocolate. (Apparently, I'm the only chocoholic in the family.)

Thanks to Tina at My Inner Domestic Bliss for picking this fab recipe. I love any excuse to make cream puffs! She's got the recipe on her site, and you'll want to check out her pretty creation. All the other bakers have their results posted here.

3 comments:

  1. Way to get creative! That caramel sauce looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the idea! I wish I had thought of it since my husband just had a birthday & I didn't even bake for it. Trying out this idea would have totally been the saving grace! ;-)
    Thanks for baking along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever making the K. Didn't you make a C for me? You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...