6.07.2011

quintuple chocolate brownies {bwd}

Chocoholics, rejoice! This delectable brownie, chock-full with FIVE chocolates, will surely satiate that mid-afternoon (or for me- early morning) craving for a chocolatey treat.

Did you try guessing the five chocolates going into this recipe?  I'm sure you were right with these answers:

unsweetened cocoa powder

unsweetened chocolate

bittersweet chocolate

milk chocolate chips

white chocolate

After melting the butter and chocolate, I added eggs and vanilla, which formed a "smooth and glossy batter."

The knife test after 35 minutes in the oven yielded "thick streaks."I don't know about you, but I am always paranoid about under/overbaking brownies.

Being unsure about the white chocolate layer, I added it to only half the batch. The layer was too thin, and ended up like a glaze rather than a thick icing. Imagining creme anglaise, I think this makes an excellent dessert brownie. Though my personal preference is the brownie without the white chocolate, both are delicious. This is a rich, cakey, über-chocolatey flavored brownie. 

The recipe is found at Shahieda's blog, Decadent Delectables, and you can see the other brownies made by my baking buddies over at Baking With Dorie.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh yours looks super, gooey yummeh! Thanks for baking along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, it's so much better without the white chocolate. I just had a small serving after scraping the frosting off ;-)

    Thanks for baking along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting...this is the first I have heard of BWD! i never did get to make these brownies, though you are making me want to go make some right now! they look so decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rebecca , these look sooo good!
    Loving all ur chocolaty pics babe , they are sooo good!
    And was checking ur shortbread too , suc pretty slices and i think they are good without the cornmeal too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that's a serious brownie. It looks decadent and delicious. I'm a total choco-holic so this is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...